How Manufacturers Do Aluminum Extrusion?
The process of aluminum extrusion is simple and easy however it is very significant to know why extrusion is so important. In general metals like steel and aluminum is put to use in several industries, right from automobile, to telecommunication, transport, utensil manufacturing and at times even in the toy industry. Thus, both of these metals are in huge demand and find place is almost all the major manufacturing industries in the world.
Just after steel, aluminum is the other metal which is hugely popular all over the world. This can put in a manner stating that aluminum is the second most popular metal in the globe after steel. The former is widely available, has impressive properties, and is affordable, light weight, can withstand high temperatures and so on. And above all the aluminum extrusion involved in getting different shapes and forms for suppliers is cost-effective and simple. Both in US and Europe building industry and the telecom as well is highly dependent on aluminum extruded products. These products find a number of usages and are used in many applications.
So, what is aluminum extrusion? This is a process through which aluminum is given certain shapes and forms. It starts with the hot cylindrical billet of aluminum which is pushed through a shaped die. The billet is cut from DC cast log and placed in heated container (450°C – 500°C). When pushed through the die the metal flows through the steel die. The die is placed at the other end of the container. Now, once the log passes it produces a section, this can be cut into shapes either in long length or short. The section is cuts according to the customized demands of the clients since the log is meant to be used for any particular industry. In certain extrusion process rectangular shaped billets. In this process only wide section sized extrusions are produced. This again depends according the demands of the supplier.
Aluminum extrusion is done for several kinds of industry and these aluminum extruded products are very commonly used in building industry. In this industry you can use aluminum in prefabricated houses/building structures, window and door frame systems, curtain walling, roofing and exterior cladding, and shop fronts. Besides, they also find place in the telecommunication and transport industry. In transport industry aluminum extruded products are found in rail vehicles, marine applications, airframes and for vehicles on the road.
So, what makes aluminum so popular? It is the versatility and the flexibility of the material that turns in so popular. Since aluminum is high temperature resistance and is corrosion resistant as well it is used to make utensils and is also used on transport vehicles. Besides, it is strong even though it is light weight and thus it is used in airframes.
So, if you are out there still deciding on selecting aluminum extruded products or some other metal you can give your votes to this metal as it is affordable and durable as well. No more second thoughts to this go ahead with aluminum extrusion and the products.
- aluminium section Most Popular
- aluminum extrusion profiles Sandton
- extruded aluminum shapes Most Popular
- t slot aluminum extrusion List
- aluminium extruded profiles Top
- extruded aluminum framing Tip
- t slot aluminum Reviews
- aluminium suppliers Review
- aluminium extrusion suppliers Sandton
- aluminum structural shapes Reviews
- extruded aluminium channel Pretoria
- aluminium extruders Popular
- aluminum t track Easy
- aluminium extrusion process Easy
- aluminum extrusions shapes Review
- aluminium manufacturing Pretoria
- extruded aluminum t slot Best
- aluminum extrusion companies Sandton
- aluminium extrusion sections Tips
- aluminium extrusion manufacturers Guide
- slotted aluminium extrusion Tip
- aluminum extrusion framing Review
- aluminium tube Guide
- aluminum angle extrusion Review
- aluminium profile prices Best
- aluminium corner extrusion Ratings
- aluminium extrusion catalogue Ratings
- aluminum channel profiles Recommended
- standard aluminium extrusions Reviews
- aluminium profile Gauteng
- aluminum extrusions Pretoria